-
January 31st, 2003, 07:52 PM
#241
Inactive Member
Thats a total of three deleted posts this year Wiseman.
Anyway, i had a look in the "holy" Qu'ran (the holy book of Islam), and i found something very surprising. It's the same as the bible, except mixed up a bit, and Jesus was replaced with Mohammad.
-
January 31st, 2003, 08:19 PM
#242
Inactive Member
-.- Just cause you've had a few posts modded for not listening to the GRR, give you no right to be ana ss to Miguel,w hich is what I've noticed you've been to Miguel lately. We aren't a a place w/no urles, it just is bigger to have things modded since we all understandd th GRR and rarely have trolls. So don't get pissed just cause you've had posts modded, and disagree w/Miguel on some things
-
January 31st, 2003, 08:57 PM
#243
HB Forum Owner
IRT OCB: Three posts in about 2 weeks. So what? I'll do whatever I have to do as a moderator. I don't mod on a posts per year basis. This is not, has never been, and will never be an anarchy. The Granaboard Rules & Regulations are to be followed to ensure this board is an enjoyable and fair place for everybody. I doubt I would like it if I were a girl and I saw a site about slavery of women - actually I don't enjoy it being a man, for I do not know about you, but I do not believe in slavery nor sexism.
WRT the Koran: Only that, among other things, the Koran says they should do that yihad crap of theirs when they feel like it, and it is to women even worse than the Bible.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 31, 2003 05:00 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
-
February 1st, 2003, 01:11 PM
#244
Inactive Member
IRT Xellos: Isn't another rule to type in english or Spanish?
Anyway, i admit, i have been a bit of an ass lately (that, or you guys have been a bit tighter). I am sorry for that. I'm also sorry for starting to flame you guys. Anyway, i was just stating my opinion about smoking, and how i believe people should make their minds up on the stuff. It is their body anyway. However, Wiseman (being the semi-controlling (and possibly power hungry) guy he is) refused to let anyone think for themselves and deleted my post. You can't control people Wiseman. Let them receive advice from more than one source.
Oh yea, sorry for any problems i may have caused recently.
-
February 1st, 2003, 02:12 PM
#245
HB Forum Owner
IRT OCB:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">Isn't another rule to type in english or Spanish?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, it is, why do you ask? I'm a bit lenient with that, because, contrary to what you might think, I do not like moderating posts. I really don't.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">Wiseman (being the semi-controlling (and possibly power hungry) guy he is) refused to let anyone think for themselves and deleted my post.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Semi-controlling: It's obvious maintainers and moderators have to be so, otherwise, they wouldn't be maintainers or moderators. I repeat this will never be an anarchy, don't dream of it. The Granaboard as a whole (this includes you all) deserves better than to be an anarchy, I would feel that I'm not doing my job if I let that happen.
Power hungry: Why would I be power hungry at a board whose rules I decide and write personally? I don't need more power than I have given myself for my goal of creating an open, enjoyable Grandia II community, and if I should need it, all I'd have to do is to change the GR&R. How can I be power hungry here?
As for letting people think for themselves: Did I ever tell you "No, quit thinking that way, you have to think this and that"? You are free to think whatever you want for yourself. Only that if it's something like drugs are good, terrorism is right, women are inferior, etc., you aren't allowed to post it in a place I rule.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">You can't control people Wiseman.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't intend to. All I do control is this particular board with the intention of making it better every day. And I honestly believe I have been doing it fairly well, based on feedback and comments from most Granaboard members.
BTW, do you remember why did we leave the Hottub.org forums? I didn't want the board to be turned into a GameFAQs-ish, restrictive, topic enforcing message board. I always did what I considered best for the board I maintain, I'm sorry if you think otherwise.
-
February 1st, 2003, 07:53 PM
#246
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">Originally posted by -Wiseman-:
Power hungry: Why would I be power hungry at a board whose rules I decide and write personally? I don't need more power than I have given myself for my goal of creating an open, enjoyable Grandia II community, and if I should need it, all I'd have to do is to change the GR&R. How can I be power hungry here?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't mean here. You've said what you think the governments should do. What better way to make the government do what you want than to become the leader of them?
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">As for letting people think for themselves: Did I ever tell you "No, quit thinking that way, you have to think this and that"? You are free to think whatever you want for yourself. Only that if it's something like drugs are good, terrorism is right, women are inferior, etc., you aren't allowed to post it in a place I rule.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope, you never said that. But i never said the those examples either. I never encourged people to do drugs. I recommended that they possibly try them, and make their own ideas on them. Besides, if drugs really are all bad and no good, why do people do them? There has to be something good in them, somekind of advantage in them to make people take them. Of course the bads out weigh the goods. But people ignore the bad, and embrace the good.
-
February 1st, 2003, 10:07 PM
#247
HB Forum Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">You've said what you think the governments should do.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. I'm interested on politics, and I think I could do a couple good things if I had the power to. But I don't, so all I do is to post my thoughts. Is it that bad as you make it sound?
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">I never encourged people to do drugs.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Trying is doing. You have encouraged people to use drugs.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">I recommended that they possibly try them, and make their own ideas on them.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you think that's a good idea, then go suicide to make your own idea on it, you tell me later how good was it, ok?
(Sorry, I do not intend to sound like I'm fighting you or anything, I'm just trying to show my thoughts in a funny way to make they shorter and easier to understand.)
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">Besides, if drugs really are all bad and no good, why do people do them?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because they are idiots. So simple.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">There has to be something good in them, somekind of advantage in them to make people take them.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Possible idiotic reasons why idiots do drugs:
- Fallacies
- Do them because this so-called cool dude does
- Do them to be friends with this scum
- Do them to feel "free"
- Do them to be of a particular ideology (anarchism, etc.)
- Do them without thinking on what they are really doing
- Severe mental malfunction
-
February 2nd, 2003, 02:45 PM
#248
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">If you think that's a good idea, then go suicide to make your own idea on it, you tell me later how good was it, ok?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tryed it, not fun. (I can do comedy too)
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">Because they are idiots. So simple.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
And beyond that?
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">
Possible idiotic reasons why idiots do drugs:
- Fallacies
- Do them because this so-called cool dude does
- Do them to be friends with this scum
- Do them to feel "free"
- Do them to be of a particular ideology (anarchism, etc.)
- Do them without thinking on what they are really doing
- Severe mental malfunction</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Those could count as reasons for now, but what about when these drugs were first discovered? If they were all bad, they would of been stopped back then.
And a little extra for you. Coca cola used to contain cocaine instead of caffine. Strange that the orginal mix of Coke was healther. Don't really understand that myself.
-
February 2nd, 2003, 07:35 PM
#249
HB Forum Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">And beyond that?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
The above mentioned possible reasons. I especially like the last one - "Severe mental malfunction".
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">Those could count as reasons for now, but what about when these drugs were first discovered? If they were all bad, they would of been stopped back then.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
They weren't intelligent enough to know what they were doing, they thought taking them is cool because they felt even stupider than they were.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">And a little extra for you. Coca cola used to contain cocaine instead of caffine. Strange that the orginal mix of Coke was healther. Don't really understand that myself.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's a myth. And I haven't heard of the later, probably another myth.
-
February 2nd, 2003, 07:56 PM
#250
Inactive Member
Ever wondered why Coke is brown? Cocaine made the stuff brown, and to maintain the colour when cocaine was banned, they colour it brown. The brown colour also hid any impurities in the first batches.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks